Patrick Julian O'Meara
Patrick Julian O'Meara was born in 1897, in the Victorian town of Toongabbie.
Pat enlisted in the AIF on the 27th of July 1915 and trained at Seymour.
On the 26th of November 1915 Pat left Australia aboard the HMAT Commonwealth destined for Egypt and would later join the Western Front in France.
On the 19th of July 1916, Pat and his brother Frank became embroiled in their first major battle on the Western Front, less than a month after they arrived in France.first The Battle of Fromelles took heavy casualties on the Australian Forces and Pat was posted missing duting this battle.
A Court of Enquiry, held in the field, 29 August 1917, pronounced Pat's fate as 'Killed in Action, 19 July 1916.
- First World War Embarkation Roll - Australian War Memorial
- Roll of Honour - Australian War Memorial
- Mapping Our Anzacs - National Archives of Australia
- Virtual War Memorial - Returned Services League
- AIF Project - Australian Defence Force Academy
- Casualty Details - Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- War Grave Photo Request - The War Graves Photographic Project